Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Whole Life Challenge Update #2

I feel normal again. After 3.5 weeks I feel like my body is back to feeling & looking normal...whatever that is. More like, what I'm used to vs. "normal". 

Things I love:
-feeling/looking normal
-I'm over the walking zombie, feel like I slept 3 hours and haven't eaten in 3 days crash that happens during the reset phase
-bullet proof coffee - I'm addicted

I was on a bender. A lack of discipline. It's my birthday. It's your birthday. It's our anniversary, the sky is blue, the cleans are heavy-kinda bender. I ate garbage (for me) for 2.5 months and this was the perfect opportunity to Get. A. Grip. Thank you WLC & CFNC!

Things I'm (re)learning:
-how to meal prep
-you feel better when you look better & vice versa
-I like Sunday meal prep much better when it's not summer. 

I love to cook & I'm pretty damn good at it, but cook on a Sunday. During summer? No way. That's what husbands and grills are for! Thanks, babe for being an awesome griller...I've taken over the reigns!

I've done serious meal prep 2/3 of the Sundays of the challenge & survived the other because of lots of evening plans & leftovers. 

This past Sunday was my fave! 3 fully prepped meals in ~90 min. 

#1 - one of my home cooked faves! Scallops, Brussel Sprouts, shiitakes & roasted red pepper sauce. Everything cooked in a bit of bacon grease & grass fed butter. It's not the dish that my husband has named after me, but it's amazing!

#2 - easy prep salmon. Grass fed butter, crushed garlic, dill & lemon. 

#3 - roasted pumpkin seed salsa chicken stew. Yes. That's all one (delicious) thing that goes in a crock pot. It also makes your hubby say, "mmmmmm". 



He's always my paleo torture test. This week we're 3 for 3. He's not paleo, but will pretty much eat anything I cook and give a very honest review. 

I like being good at cooking. I like when my husband recognizes I'm good at cooking. He's very sweet and feeds my culinary ego often so I'll keep feeding his hungry belly yummy goodness often!

That means under no circumstance does spaghetti squash enter this house or his plate. He has spoken and pulled the veto card on spaghetti squash. I on the other hand, will never make menudo. Don't know what it is? Look it up. You'd veto making it too!

Things I loathe:
-still not really digging no steel cut oats in the am
-not hitting my 3rd snatch at 115 on a 3rm...nothing to do with the challenge; I'm still just angry

What has been you're biggest challenge so far? Mine is no wine. No Red wine. No Cabernet to be specific. It calms me. It makes me happy. It's probably better for everyone if I have a glass every night, but I've been doing my best to only have "social" cocktails vs. solo cocktails. <-- that does not mean out of a solo cup! Although, I'd be lying if I said that's never happened! It's actually more than you'd think. 

Share your fave recipe in the comments! I'm always looking for new stuff to torture my husband with!

No comments:

Post a Comment