Thursday, July 3, 2014

Stitch Fix Review

I would have kept everything! Except my husband, because if I kept everything he may have left. 

Just so we're clear, I didn't keep everything so I got to keep my husband. Clear? Ok moving on. 

Do you know what Stitch Fix is? 

It's an affordable online personal styling service. And it's amazing.

You tell them your sizes, style preferences, answer questions about what you like to show off/cover up, look at some outfits say "yah" or "nay", link to a style Pinterest Board and write anything you'd like your stylist to know. I wrote about how I can't buy jeans because of the "Crossfit Booty Gap".  Yes, it's totally a real thing.  Ask any girl who squats.  A lot.  It's when jeans are suctioned to your thighs/booty but 3 sizes too big in your waist. 

Anyway, that's Stitch Fix.

You schedule your delivery. This is one of the few cons. It takes ~a month and if you're like me, you're so excited you're counting down the days. 

You receive a box of 5 items, try on, decide what you want to keep and then check out online. 

When you check out you give feedback on fit, style etc so your dealer stylist can improve on their next fix selections. 


Take a look at what I was sent, tried and ultimately kept. Overall, I had an amazing experience & can't wait to get my next fix!! You can get yours by going here.

I have to say, I was beyond impressed.  First of all, everything fit perfectly. I don't know how she did it, but that sold me immediately. 

The hardest thing about this whole process was trying to take the "selfies".  I don't know how people are so good at them?!  There have to be pro-selfie-ers out there.  My husband was watching me struggle to take the pictures instead of helping me & I asked how people took such great shots.  His response?  Practice.  I guess that was my clue to continue practicing vs. offering to help.

And onto the main events...

$48 Coral Polka Dot Blouse
Pros:  Great color, decent price, good fit
Cons:  None really, just not super exciting
Stash or Trash:  Trash

It's all in the details:

$58 Criss-Cross Tank Blouse
Pros: amazing fit, enhances arms, longer in back for an easy match to shorts or skinny jeans
Cons: no bra (if that bothers you)
Stash or Trash: Stash!





$48 Navy Embroidered Tank
Pros: high quality embroidering, super soft material, great fit with fancy back
Cons: feel like I could find a cheaper version at TJ Maxx if I really wanted it, a bra might be tricky
Stash or Trash: Trash


The said fancy back. 


In all of the pics above I'm wearing a pair of jeans they sent me. Kensie sexy fit, skinny jeans. 

One word. Magical. 

It's almost impossible for me to find jeans because of my booty to waist ratio, as explained by the Crossfit Booty Gap. These fit like a glove on every inch of my body. I think I may look for them online & buy them in every possible color. No. Scratch that. 2 pair in every color. 

$88 Kensie Denim 
Pros: See above. They fit & they're affordable for a great pair of denim. Need I say more?
Cons: They only sent one pair
Stash or Trash: STASH!!!!!!




$88 Navy Chevron Maxi Dress
Pros: super soft, great fit, perfect length with wedges OR flats (not sure how that's possible!)
Cons: Kinda boring & could probably 5 different girls wearing the same or similar dress today at the mall, too expensive for being boring
Stash or Trash: Trash




I kept 2 and sent back 3. I threw those 3 items in this prepaid postage bag, sealed and put it in my mailbox with the flag up. That simple!


For my next fix I told my dealer stylist to send something fancy and/or scandalous for our girls' Chicago trip. Let's see what fun she can scope out for me!

Have you tried Stitch Fix yet? What's holding you back?! Give it a shot using my link below. My experience has been so much fun & an overall win...Can't wait for the next hit!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome!!!! Sounds like it would be a fun thing to try. :)

    ReplyDelete