Saturday, August 23, 2014

Throwdown Moments 2014

1. Getting to see people in action that I don't normally workout with & meeting new friends. 

2. Jarrett saving my life (and our time in the 3rd WOD) by telling me to stop doing burpees to set up the guys bar. 

3. Feeling really nervous when Sarah looked at me & said "155 next?" on OHS, thinking there's no way & then actually hitting it!


4. Santi running up to me after the first WOD to give me a hug & stopping because, "ew mama all wet". Then proceeding to try to steal a stranger's towel to wipe me off. 

5. Awesome teammates who are so supportive & encouraging. Travis who beasted 275! Derek who couldn't have possibly put any more heart into the last WOD...esp the last row and especially Sarah who is my perfect cf partner because she balances me, pushes me & most of all doesn't complain about my sucky cardio. 


6.  Having a husband who supports my addiction not only by hanging with Santi all day while I'm competing, but coming to cheer us on!

7.  When I was hating the run and Michelle ran alongside me, was so encouraging & made me push a little harder even though we were competing against each other in that moment. 

8. Friends in town from Canton with a million things to do who came to watch & cheer for me. You are the best, Millers!

9. When 4 people including myself thought my team didn't have a heat assignment for the last workout, until Emily pointed put we were clearly on the sheet right in front of my face. 

10.  The fact that post competition dinner is always some excessive splurge. This time, Keystone Mac n Cheese, buffalo chicken & fries. Mmmmmm!

11. When everyone posts on FB about conquering fears, making PRs, being proud of their team, their efforts & all in all a really great gym and community that we are fortunate enough to be part of!

12. Post competition shenanigans trying to stay out of the sun!


Love the Cov!


No comments:

Post a Comment