Tuesday, December 2, 2014

30 Days of Thanks

I think 30 days of thanks will be an annual blog post for me. I like to take the time to reflect on something that makes me happy each day...at least for 1 month I like it. 

There's a post from last year too, if you'd like to check it out!

Here we go...

1. Random Excitement- Disney on Ice was amazing and Santi loved it. The best parts if you ask him? Mickey and the "ice truck"...during intermission. 

2. Household organization- I feel like I've been behind on house stuff for 2 months, and today finally caught up (somewhat). *exhale moments*. 

3. Good people- similar to last year when I stumbled upon a random act of kindness (#19) I found this today on the corner of 6th & Broadway. It feels good to see the good that's out there. 

4. Support from family and friends. A simple Facebook post/question led to a snowball of interest to help support a great cause and a crazy desire I have to raise a ton of money for LLS!

5. 3 years without a stomach bug for Santi & a speedy recovery after it hit him. Kids are so resilient!

6. "Monsters in my tummy" that didn't stay long. I also caught Santi's 1st stomach bug & he kept saying that I had Monster's in my tummy & I needed to drink juice to get them out. Too cute!

7. Snuggles on the couch with Santi enjoying the first Christmas movie of the year, The Polar Express!

8. Real Talk with my husband is something that doesn't happen often between jobs, parenting & trying to maintain our elite social status (jk), but when it does I'm thankful for the reminder that our marriage is worth so much more than we the lack of time we have to feed it and also the reminder to feed it more.

9. #sundayexperiments which is a fancy hashtag for meal prep. Sunday dinners remind me of my grandparents and family and making memories and just being together. We did that today. All of it. 

10. Opportunities to do something that matters. I've officially decided to run for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Woman of the Year!

11. This guy. The gift that keeps on giving. Happy 7 years with us to this lil Dolce named Bubba. 


12. A husband who makes me feel appreciated. It's a simple thank you when I do something for him that is neither big or extravagant, but he notices. 

13. 

14. Finally a good Asian restaurant! 

15.Pictionary. Yes. A board game that brings friends together like no other!

16. My Grandmas' Things. It's not about the things. It's about the memories they bring back. Grandma Rose's bench (that I'm refinishing) & Grandma Betty's pasta bowl are 2 of my faves. 

17. Snow!! Our first of the season is too early, but it's still beautiful and reminds me of being a kid outside for hours, coming in with burning fingers & toes but having had so much fun!

18. "Lay with me, Mama." Says Santi 
at bedtime. I'm laying here long after he's asleep. Thankful he still needs me -even though I feel like he's getting too big too fast. 

19. Money. It's not what you think. We've been trying to bribe teach Santi to use the potty for months. The bribe he'll finally accept? Money for his piggy bank!

20. Productive Days. Not just for the sake of getting things done, but because of the high I get from crossing things off of my list & feeling accomplished!

21. Fridays. Especially before a week off. TGIF!

22. Traditions. So happy to have our own family traditions to carry on with Santi. Today we rode the Polar Express train as our kick off to Christmas!


23. These munchkins. We have 2 darling nieces & 3 handsome nephews that we rarely get to see, but are enjoying (almost all of) them now! These pics are >7 years apart!

24. Permission to act like a kid. No one actually gave it to me, but it makes me so happy to play trucks, have nerf gun wars & play outside. You really are as old as you feel & today I was about ten!!

25. The Cov. It's my therapy, my escape, my motivation, my release, 
Accomplishment and not to mention some of my favorite people. 

26. Moments. Twice today I thought, "what did I do to be so blessed?" I got tears in my eyes watching my niece/nephews put up the Christmas tree with Santi & then again when he fell asleep snuggled in my arms after awaking from a bad dream during nap time. So much love!!

27. A house full of awesome! It makes my heart happy to have so many awesome people coming together to give thanks for everything we're blessed to have. Especially each other. 

28. Free days. Nothing on the calendar, no where to be, just time at home with my boys to do as much or little as we'd like. Today included Christmas crafts, movies & decorating. 

29. Making memories. Santi & I had an "adventure day" (aka everyday with him!) but today was extra fun! He asked Santa for 3 reaaaaallllly big presents!!!


30. Life. Everyday is not perfect or easy, but I am so thankful to have every second of it with family & amazing friends. 

At some point I realized that I'd skipped lucky number 13-just like the buttons in an elevator. I'm sure that day I was feeling thankful for wine. 

If I forgot to write a post it's probably because I needed it really bad or drank too much of it!

Is there something you're thankful for that seems silly but means a lot to you...like wine?

No comments:

Post a Comment